Thursday, April 12, 2012

UGH!!!! This is probably one of the most boneheaded thing I have ever done. Ok so here is the story. I found a recipe for home made laundry deterget online and thought I would give it try. You are suppose to disolve a bunch of ingredients in a pot and then let it sit overnight. I had done the first step, or at least I thought I had. I saw that it hadn't quite disolved yet. It was time for bed so I decided to turn the heat back on while I was brushing teeth and what not and then turn it off before I went to bed. yeah....that last part never happened. I left it on ALL NIGHT...ugh! It made such a mess. SUCH A MESS! It fell down into the elements, and then flooded that and dripped into the oven. Soap everywhere!When I woke up in the morning it was the first thing I smelled. So much swearing. I used all the swears, every last one. I should have put all that soap in my mouth but I was so mad at myself. And this stuff was a *beep* to clean up. It had boiled over and hardened durig the night. It took me almost 2 hours to get it off. Not since that oven was purchased from the store has it been this clean. UGH!!!









1 comment:

leslieb1207 said...

I'm so sorry that happened but I'm glad it didn't start a fire! How scary is that! Luckyly nothing was flammable. If you ever try the soap thing again, let me know if it works. I've read those respites on line too and I'm curious to see if it really works.