Thursday, February 16, 2012

Ok so this is going to be the first of many posts like this. I am trying something new called sensory tubs. It is just what it sounds like, fill a tub with something and let the senses take over. For our first try I did flour. It worked out great. We started with writing letters and numbers in the flour with our fingers then we did hand prints, then I hid a bunch of coins in the flour and had Jude search for them. I gave him a little cup to hold the coins in and he had a great time looking for them. It was fun to have the flour in our fingers and hands. Jude even went one step further and tasted it. He got super messy but had such a great time. Then I changed it up a bit and gave Jude water to dump into the flour. It made a gooey sloppy mess and after working it awhile turned into a dough which is a whole new sensory experience. Jude and I adored this activity and are going to do tons more like it.

2 comments:

leslieb1207 said...

Yes it was fun for you but, no for me! I was told it was bread and took a big bite of it. Of course, I ate it!!! not to be mean since, Jude had made "the bread"

Rob O said...

You are such a fantastic mother. I love you!