Thursday, February 16, 2012

Happy Valentines. Angie and I whipped out the arts and crafts supplies and had the kids make valentines for all grandmas and grandpas. The idea was to have hand prints in the shape of hearts and for the most part it worked although it was a rough start. I kindly explained to Jude that I was going to paint his hand and then put it on the paper. He was ok with the explanation but not so much the application. I put the paint on his hand and he lost his mind. He tried to wipe it off on his other hand, on his shirt, on his pants. He did not like it at all. I got him to calm down enough to walk him to the sink to wash his hands. So all squeaky clean and you know what the little punk says to me? "Mommy I want more paint." UGH! So I tried again and this time Jude was Ok with it. In fact he quiet enjoyed it. All the boys were enjoying the mess. I had to strangle hold Alice to get the paint on her hand. She hated it. I ended up just washing her hand after one card and doing tracings. After we got everything how we wanted it we cleaned the kids up and walked them down to the mail box to mail their valentines. It was such a great activity.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

leslieb1207 said...

I got the card it was beautiful:). Loved it! Mia, mua!

Rob O said...

I lied on Skype today. We did get the valentines and they are adorable and in their rightful place on the fridge.