Thursday, February 23, 2012

It was time to cook dinner and the kids were just all over me trying to get my attention. They were hurting for an activity so I whipped out another of my sensory ideas. I filled up the sink (thankgoodness it was empty) with warm water and bubbles, then I gave them cups, bowls, and towels to play with. Wow, they had a good time alright. It kept them quite busy while I finished cooking dinner. Jude did a very good job of keeping it in the sink. Alice...well...she did less well. In fact she was having a good time making big splashes. I should have cared but I didn't. They turned my kitchen into a giant puddle and got themselves soaked inthe process but it was worth it for them to play and feel happy. And I just threw a couple of big towels on the floor while we were eating and it got most of the water. The kids of course had to be stripped down to nothing but they had so much fun that they didn't even care. My cutie munchkins.




2 comments:

Rob O said...

They are both so absolutely adorable! You are such a good mom.

Angie said...

What cuties! Love happily playing children; makes the mess worth it.