Friday, May 20, 2011

We have a glorious backyard with our house but it had fallen in some serious disrepair and needed some help. It was nothing but crab grass and stickers bushes. Poor Jude and Duckets would go out to play and would get cratched and gnarled and covered in bumps and bruises since the ground was so uneven. So Derek and I set out to make it beautiful. At first i thought I was going to just get a little shovel and do it myself. After 5 days and not even getting 1/2 the yard done I threw up the white flag and got a tiller(Thanks to Sheena and Shan who probably saved me from 20+ hours of bending over and getting back cancer) It was really fun to just rip up the yard that had been giving me so much frustration. It had so much power and made the earth so soft and helped us get rid of all the yucky crab grass. ) We were also finding boulders in our yard and having to heft them over the wall(just a river back there) it was really crappy soil, so we layed down a bunch of manure(ewwwww) and mulch. (Thanks to Brian and Derek for being willing to get down and dirty) . It was starting to really come together at that point because the sod showed up. They were like giant dirt swiss rolls! So we (I really mean 75% Brian and 25% me, I just can't match Brians strength! and then 100% Angie kid wrangling super powers) got started puzzle peicing our yard. It was so much fun watching it come together. After about 3 hours we finishe and now it looks GREAT! Thank you for everyone that helped out to have my amazing yard. Now I am ready for it to get hot and have a sprinkler party! Wahoo!!!

No comments: