Friday, May 20, 2011

One of my favorite things about my new house is that it is right by a river and at night we can hear a symphony of frogs! It is like one of those jungle sleep CDs and is just so soothing. Well one morning when I was watering my gorgeous yard there was a froggie on the hose! So Jude and I made a friend. Jude was so interested and loved to hold him. Anytime he would jump away from him Jude would start talking to the froggie "Fahgie, peas wyte hewr" and then point at his palm. He just loved it. I wanted Derek to see him so i put him in a bucket with some leaves and water and then I played a little joke on Derek. I got another bucket and put it all together to look like I had the frog in there. When Derek got home I told him to go look for the froggie and Derek starts looking in the bucket. After a second he looks up at me "Cristina...there's a frog loose in our house!" He he he. I showed him where the frog really was and let Jude play with him one more time before we took him back to the river. Thanks for playing froggie!








2 comments:

Rob O said...

Excellent learning experience.

leslieb1207 said...

I am so happy you let him have the frog. I remember doing the same with you girls. My favorite pictures are of you girls and the frogies. I am so glad you are not skittish for this kind of things. Your kids will learn a lot if you let them investigate the world. Now I need his picture next to yours.