Saturday, March 24, 2012

OK, so this was one of the most fun things we have done for awhile and it was great. The kids loved it and it ended up being about 4 activities into one. So first off I got an old magazine and just let the kids rip it up. Just let them use all that destructive energy. We ripped it up into little peices and bits and then scattered them all over the floor. The kids were throwing it and rolling in it and just having a great sensory experience. Then I had Jude get the broom and sweep it up (he loves to sweep), then with all the peices of paper scattered on the floor Jude and I did I spy. We looked for color and letters and any other fun thing I could spot. Alice was having a great time bringing me random peices of paper and sorting through it. Then , and this was the best part, I gave each of the kids a net, and threw the papers in large armfuls and told the kids to catch it. Jude kept yelling "Catch that butterfly!!!" He was in high heaven and just loved every minute of it. And all this fun was sponsered by junk mail magazines. Horray!!







No comments: