Tuesday, March 20, 2012

In my never ending quest for activities to keep my busy kids entertained I stumbled upon a "mess free" activity of dying noodles. I figured the activity wouldbe fun and then after I could use the noodles as one of my sensory things, for sorting matching and whatnot. Well guess what? Mess free my Colombian keester!!! This was by far the messiest thing I have ever done! Ever! Half way through I had to strip the kids down because I was worried it would stain clothes.(which it still did) Ugh! I think my problem was pokey noodles and vigorous shakers. Not a good combo. Well anyway, I ended up green, Alice ended up a wierd bluish color, and my countertops ended up purple. Then the next activity was to figure out a way to get this dye off(it was food coloring and isopropil alcohol, and it was a beast) we washed with warm water, scrubbed with all manner of things,this was not coming off. Derek through up the towel and declared Alice the hulk for the week and then I finally got it off with a bleach solution(I was not happy that it caome to that). The noodles turned out very cute and very vibrant but next time I do this...well I probably wont. But the kids had a great time so I guess...Success!















1 comment:

leslieb1207 said...

Love it! I bet the kids did too! And the noodles turned out great. Write back on the blog where you got the idea from and ask how their project was mess free. Any way babe, you are a great Mami!