Thursday, April 21, 2011

It was Derk's birthjday and we had a little get together. I always try to make Derek's birthday special and this year was no exception. The night before I had Angie come and help me wallpaper our living room with colorful papers. It was everywhere! And behind 3 there were clues for the where abouts of Derek's present. We had a lot of fun putting them up and celebrated with an epic jumping high five picture. Yeah, were that cool! It was even more fun watching Derek pull them each down and flip them for clues. He found them a lot faster then I thought so next year an even harder game. Then it was on to the cake. I made Derek a portal " the cake is a lie" cake. It's from a very comical video game that both Derek and I love. Angie helped me and thank goodness. Her cakes turned out perfect and both of mine came out crumbs. I smashed the crumbs inbetween her cakes so that I could get the right height, so we kept joking saying that the cake was really a lie. We were expecting it to disentegrate the second it got cut into but it did really well and tasted even better. Thanks for having another birthday Husband, I love you and you are the highlight of my every day. *heart*

No comments: