Sunday, February 27, 2011

My little Jude man is getting to be such a big boy! We have been working on getting Jude ready for a big boy bed foe awhile now and Jude thought tonight was the night. We had planned to wait one more week but for one reason or another Jude thought he would give it a go. He was such a dream to, he crawled into bed with all his friends and I read him his stories and sang him his song and then I left. He cried for about 2 minutes and then he went to sleep. He looked so cute! I went in to check on him before I went to bed and I found Jude on the other side of his bedroom. It wasn't like he fell out, he had gotten out. I thought that was strange but I just picked him up and put him in his bed.


When I got up with Alice early that morning I checked on Jude again and there he was back on the floor. Crazy kid has something against being comfortable. We are going to switch matresses and see if that makes it better. But I picked him up and put him back in his bed. He didn't come out of the room until morning and I think that was what sealed the deal. That he was in control of when he could come out. Thats the perks of being a big boy.And Alice got to have the crib which I was so glad for her to have. She is miss tall and had no space in her bassinet. She had about two inches of wiggle room and would always scoot down so she couldn't even move. So I'm so glad she has space now.


1 comment:

Angie said...

Dang, he is so cute!! I love the randomness of sleeping on the floor. I always thought the same thing when I found Ollie on the floor over and over. I think the mattress switch will help. He did so good. It's great that you also kind of let him have a say about it. That's awesome! Now Alice looks small instead of gianormous like usual, cuz she's not stuffed in a bed anymore. The girl bedding is so cute!