Friday, May 18, 2012

It's a great day for science!!! Well that can be said of anyday to be sure but today was the day I picked. We were watching the neighbor kids who are a little older so I figured it would be a good time to try.  I found a great toddler science expirement and had to try it. You take some spoons and add a drop of food coloring in each one, then cover them up with baking soda. Then let the kids put them into cups filled with vinegar.  The kids would scream with laughter everytime the vinegar and baking soda would fizz and then they were so excited to see what color they had discovered.  After the fizzing had subsided the kids wanted to play "potions" and mix everything together. I hadn't though of this outcome and I felt a little nervous about staining (especially since I was babysitting)so I didn't let them do it for to long. Next time I do this (and there will be a next time) I will do it outside and just let the kids go nuts.





1 comment:

Rob O said...

Alice is 1 going on 5! So big and smart.