Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The library was having a "Meet the firemen" event so off we went to the library. When we got there the host informed us that the firemen had gotten a call and would be back later, hopefully. So she went on with the program and had all these cute little activities. The kids got little phones and learned how to call 911. Then they taught them what constituted as an emergency. Then she taught them how to stop drop and roll. They all got little fire hats and just when we were out of activities in walk the firemen. The kids got so excited. Some of them even got to try on the firemen gear. At the end they asked if anyone had any questions. No one was asking any thing so I pipped up and asked how much does all their equipment weigh after it is on. The fireman looked at me and said, Why don't you come try it on! I WAS SO EXCITED!! but then....but then... they got another call. So off the heroes went. I know it is their job and I wouldn't want them to do anything but what they were supposed to do but I was bummed I didn't get to wear the gear or that the kids didn't get to see the fire truck. I bet they will do it next year, so we will just go again.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jan Oliver said...

So much fun. . . and such good learning opportunities. . . I miss your little families, but I'm glad you have each other!