Thursday, January 20, 2011

Why do we have kids again? And once we have them how do they make it to adult hood? Ok, I'm just kidding I love my kids but sometimes they are just asking for it. Like today. I had literally just finished vacuuming, and I mean literally. I was in the other room putting the vacuum back in the closet and Jude had dumped a tub of cream of tartar on the floor. Where did he find that? I have never used cream of tartar in my life, I didn't even know I owned it. At first I got mad and put him in time out. I went to go get the hand vacuum and thought..."I didn't make this mess, Jude did. He should clean it up." So I fetched him out of timeout and gave him the vacuum and put him to work. I do love my kiddos and this was a good oppurtunity for a real life lesson. You break it...you fix it.



3 comments:

leslieb1207 said...

You can tell he was really upset. I hate to see my baby sad:( May be he was just curious to see what was inside?

Angie said...

What a sweet boy to help as you asked him! Good for you in having him help clean up. It is a great lesson to learn about consequences. If you want to discover something, which is good, you still have to help clean up whatever mess that might make.

Rob O said...

You are such a good mom! That is exactly what to do - take a picture (it will be funny one day) and have him clean it up - a natural consequence.